Looking for something new for your classroom birth-dates display? This bright ‘birds in nests’ wall display might be just what you’re looking for! Children simply choose a bird to colour in, then add their name and birthday before popping it in their correct month/nest on the wall display.
This resource features both a printable PDF and an editable file that allows you to add class names and birth dates on the computer before printing ***YOU WILL NEED PUBLISHER TO BE ABLE TO USE THE EDITABLE FILE***
This resource features:
- Each month of the year is shown on a separate nest with wording in English & Maori
- There are 2 nests per A4 page
- Nests/months are colour coded to match the seasons – yellow banners for Summer, red banners for Autumn, purple banners for Winter & green for Spring
- Each nest features beautiful NZ native foliage in flower or bloom to match the corresponding month. Little names of the plants are included for reference. (*there may also be some sweet little NZ native insects tucked away in there!)
- This resource also includes a feather themed title/banner assembled from 2 horizontal A4 pages that simply says: ‘Happy birthday, Rā Whānau!’
- This set includes a diverse selection of 27 native birds themed templates for the children to add to the nests.
- There are 6 birds per A4 page, each includes a little label identifying the type of bird
- Each little bird is standing on a feather (the perfect place for the children to write their names) and also a date bubble with space for them to write their birth date.
- There are 2 versions included – a pre coloured set of birds (kids just add name and birth date) or a black and white version which allows the kids to colour their bird before adding name and birth date.
Looking for other native bird themed resources? We’ve got you covered! Click here to check out our bird category.