I can’t think of a more hand-on, immersive or delicious learning experience than seeing through the whole process of laying a Hāngī! This resource is designed to be used alongside a hāngī experience to support understanding of the sequence of events involved.
- A hāngī challenges research sheet (to be coloured as they find the answers – “How many people will this hāngī feed? Who works out how much kai to put in? What sort of maths do they do to work all this out? What tikanga is follwed by your iwi/hapu when laying a hāngī? Where did the meat of kaimoana thats going in the hāngī come from?” etc
- A hāngī sequencing activity cut & paste to show the hāngī layers
- Hāngī labelling diagram
- What kai would you put in your hāngī? (cut and paste)
- A hāngī sequence mini booklet/reader (6 pages with simple sentences and illustrations to match) 3 versions included: (1) with simple sentences and illustrations (2) one with simple sentences – children add the pictures to match (3) one with illustrations – children add a simple sentences to match
- My 5 senses hāngī experince writing recording sheet
- A variety of writing/publishing sheets (hāngī themed)