This set of NZ native bird fact file cards is the perfect addition to the kiwi classroom! Print, laminate and use to add to your displays, or to simply support your learning around our native bird life. This set includes facts about 10 NZ native birds, PLUS a series of ‘I wonder…’ statements/questions for each – all designed to encourage deeper thinking about our amazing bird life.
Please check out the preview for a closer look at the cards in this pack! This NZ bird fact file set includes:
• 10 different bird fact files including: Kākāpō, Pūkeko, Kererū, Kea, Kiwi, Ruru, Tūī, Piwakawaka, Weka & Hoiho
• One side of the card contains basic facts about each bird (including alternative names, whether or not they’re nocturnal/flightless, their conservation status, predators/threats and special features
• The other side of the card contains 3 “I wonder” questions to prompt deeper thinking about each bird (e.g. Fantail/Pīwakawaka: The NZ Fantail is found in two colour morphs: pied and black. What do the words ’morph’ and ’pied’ mean? What do Pīwakawaka use tightly woven cobwebs for? What causes Pīwakawaka to occasionally roost communally? (Perch tightly together)
• These cards are great as a quick 5 minute time fillers during transition times or as prompts for pair-sharing
• The “I wonder” side of the cards can be used as a spring board into independent research
• Make 2 copies of the cards (one sided) and use for playing ‘Memory’, ’Snap’ or ‘Go Fish’. Use the cards to buddy your kids up by handing out the cards and having them find the other half and share their information…
• Take your fact file cards with you during outdoor learning—simply print double sided, laminate and use a jump ring to connect them together at the corner. Store in your class library for easy referral
• Use the cards as inspiration for the children to design their own cards about a native bird of their choice…
There are no reviews yet.