Did you know that the Pūtangitangi (Paradise Shelduck) is one of our only native birds to actually benefit from land clearance?
This pack has been assembled to celebrate this amazingly unique native bird! If you’re lucky enough to be teaching or learning in a whanau group/syndicate team/pod or hub which bears its name, then you’re in for a treat.
This Pūtangitangi Paradise Shelduck ‘make & do’ pack includes:
- A mini ‘one-cut-book’ which contains little Pūtangitangi related fun facts and research tasks
- A ‘keywords & colouring’ sheet containing a list of keywords to research, small colouring sheet, and 6 mini research challenges **This page cleverly folds to reveal the Pūtangitangi’s full name when the sheet is complete.
- A template for a Pūtangitangi paper hand puppet for the kids to colour, assemble and have fun with!
- A Pūtangitangi fact file containing basic information about its common names, threats & conservation status
- An ‘I wonder’ task card containing 3 Pūtangitangi themed questions designed to prompt some deeper thinking about this unique bird and its habits.
- A coloured Pūtangitangi picture card
- *All of the foldable activities come with a supporting photograph sequence so you can see how the activities are assembled and used