Celebrate Samoan language week with this bold poster!
This Collaborative poster features 32 A4 pages which assemble to make a large wall display (1.7 X 1.2 metres in size)
- Simply print the pages provided and hand out one piece to each pupil to colour before assembling to create a large poster.
- This set contains 32 pieces (hopefully no one has a class size larger than that!) In every collaborative poster, some pieces contain more detail than others—you can always hand out detailed pieces first & save the less complicated pieces for the early finishers.
- You could choose to keep the completed image a secret (only to be revealed once it’s assembled) or share the completed image before starting to help guide their colour choices.
- This poster features the the word “Samoa” at the top, and words from the theme of Vaiaso o le Gagana Samoa (Samoa Language Week 2023) which is ‘Mitamita i lau gagana, maua’a lou fa’asinomaga’ (Be proud of your language and grounded in your identity)
- The poster features a Samoan ‘Aiga (family) surrounded by some of the things that make Samoa special (A coconut palm, coconuts, talo/taro, a tuna/eel, a roll tapa/siapo, 1 & 2 tala coins, an umu hut, a beach fale, shells, a native lizard, snorkel gear, a turtle, a selu la’au/hair comb, fans, ‘ula/lei, baskets of fresh fruit and vegetables, a bus, hibiscus, frangipani & gardenia, the flag and a native fruit dove.