Jazz up the date at the top of your whiteboard with these interchangeable Māori days of the week – simply cut out and laminate before letting your students change the day cards for you!
This ngā rā o te wiki (days of the week) pack includes:
- A selection of characters/figures to mix and match with the speech bubble (6 boys & 6 girls)
- 2 versions of the speech bubble to support your class to ask “Ko te aha tēnei rā?” – “What day is this?” (one in Māori with English translation, the other in Māori only) *Also includes ‘what day was yesterday?’ and ‘what day will it be tomorrow?’ labels in a similar format
- The ‘Modern Māori’ version of the days of the week: Rāhina, Rātū, Rāapa, Rāpere, Rāmere, Rāhoroi & Rātapu) *In both Māori with English translations and Māori only.
- The older version of the days of the week; Kupu arotau – loan words: Mane, Tūrei, Wenerei, Tāite, Paraire, Hātarai, Rātapu/Hanarei. *In Māori with English Translation and Māori only.
- The preferred Taranaki kupu for Saturday & Sunday: Rāhoronuku & Rāhororangi. *In both Māori only and English & Māori labels.
- This resource also contains a selction of additional alternate Māori translations for each day of the week – e.g. Thursday = Rāwha, Tairei & Taitei.
There are no reviews yet.